Kansas City Dog Club is an active and fun-loving group of pups and humans. We get together to socialize and share the love for our dogs.
That said, we are a real club, and we have a few guidelines for membership.
MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS
KC Dog Club guidelines break down into four basic rules:
- Own a dog
- Be active
- Be respectful
- Don’t hide your identity
Own a dog
We’re a club for humans AND their dogs. If you don’t own a dog, we’re not the right club for you.
We’re a real-life, in-the-flesh social club, so members are expected to be active online and in the real world.
- Answer all of your profile questions completely
Club activity starts with your member profile. Your profile is your application to join our club, so the more fun stuff you can add to it, the better.
- Members must attend at least one event every three months
Once a member is inactive for three months, they are likely to never return. KC Dog Club is for members who want to be active on a regular to semi-regular basis.
NOTE – Become a Sponsoring Member if you cannot commit to attending one event every three months
- Stay up to date with messages from the orgaizers
We’re an active group, so we have a lot of discussions and notes about events. Install the Meetup app (iPhone, Android, Windows), join the private KC Dog Club Members’ Only Facebook group, and sign up for the KC Dog Club newsletter to makes sure you’re in-the-loop.
We’re a social club, so be kind to other members, and be friendly to other people who are not in the club while attending club events. As well, if you RSVP to an event, show up – on time.
- Each member is responsible for their own dog
You know your dog better than anyone. If you have any special requests (need to walk at the back or front, don’t pet her, etc), just let us know. As well, on hikes – we are off-leash friendly, but every city has a leash law – if you get a ticket, you pay it – not the club 🙂
- Keep your RSVP up-to-date
If you RSVP YES for an event, but your plans change, update your RSVP to NO. We wait for all members who RSVP YES to show up before we start walks, hikes, etc. If you’re not coming, don’t make us wait. New members who “no-show” for their first RSVPed event will be removed from the club. Established members who “no-show” two times within a year will be removed. If you RSVP to attend an event with the club, you need to meet up with club members, or you will be counted as a “no-show.” Unfortunately, this rule has to be enforced way more than we would like.
Don’t Hide Your Identity
We’re a social club, for real humans and real dogs – to get-together in real life. Be yourself, your real self.
- Use your real first name in your profile
You can leave off your last name, if you like
- Use a real photo of you on your profile – a clear photo that shows a close-up shot of your face from the front with no sunglasses or obstructions, and you are the only person in the photo
We’re a social club that gets together in-person. It can get pretty difficult to meet up when members don’t know who they’re looking for. Bonus points – use a photo of you with your pooch!
- You are the only person on your profile photo
If you and your significant other want to join the club together, you each need your own profile, rather than a “couples” account. If you don’t want to create an additional account, no problem You can bring them along as a +1 on your event RSVP, but you will be the club member, not them.
In additon to our big 4 categories, we have a few additional membership guidelines
- You may be photographed at KC Dog Club events
We love to take photos at events.
- KC Dog Club photographs may be used on the KC Dog Club website, social media, and marketing materials
No, we’re not selling these photos, but we may use them to help promote the club throughout the community and online.
- Do not sell your business’s products or services to club members at get-togethers or through online club properties
If you’re interested in a KC Dog Club sponsorship for your business, please send us an email
- Members who do not follow KC Dog Club guidelines will be removed from the club
- We believe in second chances. When a member is removed, they are welcome to request to re-join the club. Organizers may ask to speak with re-joining members before re-approving their membership
- By joining KC Dog Club, you agree to all club requirements and guidelines at all times