Hey Dog Lovers,
Happy New Year!
I know it’s Tuesday, but here is what’s going on this week:
• Tuesday Evening – KCDC Walk on the Plaza. Details and RSVP – http://www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/events/227583001/
• Wednesday Evening – If you’re looking for a dog-related volunteer opportunity to start the new year off right, Dogs by Debin is having a their new volunteer orientation. Details – https://www.facebook.com/events/937945026297750/ (Not a KCDC event)
• Saturday Morning – KCDC Dog Park Day at Penn Valley Park. Details and RSVP – http://www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/events/227806031/
• Saturday Afternoon – KCDC Teams up with Team up with Voice for Animals to volunteer at Spay & Neuter KC’s food pantry. Details and RSVP – http://www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/events/227843488/
• Sunday Afternoon – KCDC Dog Park Day at Stoll Park. Details and RSVP – http://www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/events/227584597/
Update to New Member Process
I have recently made a few modifications to the new member process for KC Dog Club.
With the goal in 2016 to be more active, new members will be asked to complete all new member questions (about your dogs, activities that interest you, area of city you live), a profile photo including the member’s face (we need to know who to look for when we meet, right?).
I then direct message interested new members and ask which upcoming event(s) they will attend. After they reply, I will manually approve their KCDC membership. Too often in the past, people join (all Meetup groups, not just KCDC), but never attend a Meetup. My goal is to make sure new members want to be active attendees – from the beginning.
I would like if all current members would update their KCDC profile to the standards we now expect from new members, but current members will not be required to update their profile.
See you this week!
KC Dog Club Organizer