Hey Dog Lovers,
March has already been a great month in KC Dog Club!
If you didn’t join us for the Brookside St. Patrick’s parade – you missed out on a great time. Check out the photo album – www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/photos/26809800/ – and KC Dog Club was mentioned in a KC Star article – www.kansascity.com/news/local/article65669882.html
THANK YOU to our newest Sponsoring Members!
• Kelly Loyd
KC Dog Club now has 13 Sponsoring Members!
Sponsoring Members make a small $20 donation to KC Dog Club, which helps support various group activities and incidental needs. If you’re interested in becoming a Sponsoring Member or making any size of donation to support the group, get details here –www.kcdogclub.com/donate/
Project Blue River Rescue, April 2nd
KC Dog Club spends lots of time walking and hiking trails along the Blue River. Let’s spend a morning saying THANK YOU to the river for her hospitality.
Be part of Missouri’s biggest one-day clean-up and help clean the Blue River and parks and trails around the river.
Breakfast, lunch and all the tools are provided
I told Blue River Rescue organizers I was confident we could bring a crew of 25!
Please invite friends and family… help me fulfill my promise!
Details and RSVP – www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/events/227751388/
Want to Host a KC Dog Club Get-together in April? Just do it!
If you would like to host an event in April, let me know the details of your event within in the next few days.
What events can you host?
• A weekday evening walk – starting at 6:30pm
• A weekday daytime walk
• A weekday daytime dog park get-together
• A weekend dog park get-together
• A weekend hike through the woods
• A dog-related charity event
• A volunteer opportunity
• Have another idea? Let’s hear it
Expectations and requirements of event hosts
• Show up on time or early
• Facilitate members in finding you, via comments section of event page
• Be friendly, welcome, and greet all members to your event
• Introduce new members to at least 2 other KC Dog Club members
• Take accurate attendance
• If at a dog park – leave a comment with what you’re wearing, where you’re located, and remain in that location for at least 15 minutes. Also, stay at the park for at least 45 minutes
This week’s KC Dog Club Events
- Tuesday evening – Dog walk at Loose Park. RSVP – www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/events/228584842/
- Saturday afternoon – Dog park get-together at Stoll Park. RSVP – www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/events/228726935/
- Saturday afternoon – HAMBingo benefiting Unleashed Pet Rescue. Details and RSVP – www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/events/229487856/
- Saturday afternoon – Volunteer at Spay and Neuter pet food pantry. RSVP – www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/events/228951717/
- Saturday afternoon – Brookside St. Pat’s Parade. Details and RSVP – www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/events/228711571/
- Sunday morning – Hike on the Old Railroad Bed Trail. RSVP – www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/events/229260051/
- BONUS – Monday the 21st at 1:30pm – Volunteer at Spay and Neuter food pantry day. Details and RSVP – www.meetup.com/KCDogClub/events/228951654/
See you soon.